“Spiritual healing is often experienced as a state of harmony, balance, greater well-being, and joyfulness…” –Susan Barbara Apollon
A spiritual healer is defined as “a person who allows himself or herself to be used as a channel for the flow of healing light and energy. This can be done for the benefit of self and others.” Once seen as a regular part of many cultures, playing an important role in the healing and care of people around the world, this belief has been overshadowed today in many of our developed nations by a dependence on surgical and medicinal solutions.
A 2014 survey from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provided insight into just how reliant upon the pharmaceutical industry the American population has become, revealing that 48% of Americans have used at least 1 prescription medication in the 30 days leading up to the survey, and 31% reported having used 2 or more prescription drugs in this time!
While many spiritual healers are aware of their gift, allowing them to learn how to manage and use this gift to care for those around them, there are still a number of healers that are unaware of the abilities that they possess. In fact, some believe that there are more healers walking the earth with no idea that they are healers than there are those that are aware of this gift!
Are you a spiritual healer? Watch for these 20 signs:
- You experience empathic tendencies, which causes you to experience your emotions, and the emotions of others, as physical sensations in the body.
- You regularly suffer from neck and shoulder pain, headaches and digestive issues.
- You feel called to ease the pain and suffering that you witness both in other human beings as well as any animals that you encounter.
- You are an introvert.
- Your palms often feel as though they are buzzing, vibrating or pulsating.
- The people that you care about, including your friends and family, rarely get sick.
- You feel as though you don’t quite fit in anywhere as if you belong on the outskirts of the world that you live in.
- You suffer from physical ailments that are often classified as ‘shaman sickness,’ such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain disorders, autoimmune disorders and chronic Lyme disease.
- You feel as though you are destined to be part of the shift in consciousness that is occurring in the world today.
- You take pleasure in making the people who visit you feel comfortable.
- You are the person that everyone relies on for comfort, solutions to their problems or kind words when facing a difficult situation.
- You have suffered from an anxiety, mood or panic disorder in the past, or are currently suffering from one.
- You have vivid, realistic dreams, remembering them in detail the next morning as if they were sent to deliver you a message.
- You find a sense of peace and comfort in nature.
- You were drawn to a career that has to do with healing, for example, medical worker, massage therapist, chiropractor, counselor, therapist or veterinarian.
- You have had a difficult childhood/life leading up to this point, which has worked to strengthen you and prepare you for the leadership role associated with healing.
- You are highly sensitive.
- You find that strangers tend to openly share their life story with you unprompted.
- You discover that you possess a ‘spiritual superpower,’ otherwise known as ‘siddhis,’ such as the ability to communicate telepathically, or the gift of healing with your hands.
- Your friends say that you give amazing back and shoulder rubs, and request them regularly.