When you meet your twin flame you will instantly know that someone of great importance has come into your life. You know that your life is about to change, however, you are not clear on what that change may be. Deep down, however, you know the change is something great!
While this can happen to any of us, at any stage of our lives, there are several factors that can cause us to miss the experience. Stress, overwork, negative thought patterns, low self-esteem and poor lifestyle habits can all cause us to close our eyes, and our hearts, to the arrival of this special person.
What is the Difference Between a Twin Flame and a Soul Mate?
When you reach the highest level of consciousness in one life the soul is no longer able to remain in a single physical body. At this point your soul splits into two, returning to earth in two separate bodies. These two beings are left roaming the earth, each exactly half of the energy that you originally were.
This other half is your twin flame, an exact mirror of yourself. Your meeting will leave you feeling as though you are instantly whole again. You are destined to connect with one another on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. This person is both your ideal friend and lover.
As your mirror self, they are able to allow you access to a better understanding of your deepest dreams, desires, needs and shadow elements. Reconnecting will allow you both to reach your highest potential.
Soulmates, on the other hand, are cut from the same cloth, closely related but with two different, individual energies. They are most often your platonic friends or family members, as opposed to your romantic partners.
So, How do you know when you have met your twin flame? Watch for these 15 signs:
- You bring out the best in one another.
- You feel as though you can be entirely truthful and honest with each other about anything.
- You are able to be yourself 100% around this person without fear of judgment, reaction or persecution. You feel a sense of absolute freedom in their presence.
- Due to the fact that you share the same energy, you are highly emphatic with one another, fully understanding one another’s emotions.
- Your twin flame may hold several different roles in your life, acting as your best friend, lover, teacher, nurturer and/or muse all rolled into one. This creates a deep, multi-faceted connection.
- You feel safe when you are around this person, as though you have found a sense of security that you have been waiting for.
- Having this person in your life teaches you important life lessons such as forgiveness, open-mindedness, gratitude, and empathy.
- You accept one another exactly as you are, without making any effort to change one another.
- Not only do you mirror one another at a surface level, but your connection goes even deeper. You also mirror one another’s values and life aspirations.
- You are the ying to each other’s yang, meaning that your dark side is balanced by your twin flame’s light side, and at the same time, their dark side is balanced by your light side.
- Due to the fact, your twin flame mirrors every aspect of you, they are also intimately aware of your fears and desire for you to grow and heal from them. This may not always be comfortable, however, this is their purpose for coming into your life.
- You feel a very deep sense of “recognition” when this person enters life, feeling as though you have known each other for your whole lives.
- Due to a variety of reasons you may leave your twin flame, either intentionally or unintentionally, however, you will find yourself so magnetically attracted to one another that you will return to one another’s lives.
- You feel as though you are a greater and stronger being when you are together.
- One of the two of you is more mature and knowledgeable on the soul level. This person acts as a teacher, counselor, and confidant for the other.