“Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.”
The quest for love has spanned decades, captivating Hollywood movies, influencing our music and dancing across the pages of the most elaborate of romance novels. The idea of finding ‘the one’ occupies the hearts and minds of so many as they navigate the dating game, searching for their soulmate.
After countless movies, a multitude of romantic dinners and more coffee dates than you could ever dream of counting, you think you’ve found him. There is something about this one, it feels as though everything is in order and the world is falling into place. How do you know, however, if this is really it?
Watch for these 14 signs that you have found ‘The One’:
- Your Friends and Family Love Him: There are times that we find ourselves blinded by love, and at those times we need to rely on the people we trust most. If you find that your friends and family are agreeing he is genuinely a good man, that’s a great sign.
- He’s Your Best Friend: Every good relationship is built on a solid foundation of friendship, and this is no different. He is your best friend, always by your side to provide you with the love and support you need during even the most challenging of times.
- He is Willing to Try New Things: While you likely had some common interests that attracted you to one another early in your relationship, you also have your own hobbies and interests. He happily shares this side of his life with you, going out of his way to help you learn, and is willing to step out of his comfort zone to experience the things you love.
- He Makes You Laugh: Life is not always easy, but you will have to navigate it together. If you find a man with a good sense of humor it will serve you well, bring a smile to your face during even the toughest of times.
- He is Vulnerable with You: He has dropped his barriers, allowing you to see a more vulnerable and emotional side of his personality. He trusts you and is willing to share this deeper side of his life.
- He Enhances Your Life: Relationships will inevitably go one of two ways, they will either add to your life, making your world feel more complete, or take away from the life you have committed. His presence makes your world better just by being in it.
- He Accepts You for You: You feel as though you can drop all masks and just be yourself when you are around him, without fear of judgment.
- He Always Keeps His Word: He not only makes promises to you of all the things he is going to do to keep you happy, but he never breaks a promise. You know, when he says something, that his word is gold, and you can count on him!
- You Have Fun Together: Life is full of serious and complicated times, you don’t need to add to it! Instead, you want to find a relationship where you can genuinely have fun one another, regardless of what you may be doing.
- He Loves Your Quirks: We all have them, those little quirks and differences that make each of us uniquely ‘us.’ Rather than being embarrassed or annoyed by your quirks, he loves the weird, unique and different side of you as well.
- He Listens: We’ve all been in that situation where you feel like you are talking to a brick wall, as the person you are talking to ignores your every word. This one is completely different – he not only listens to what you have to say, picking up on even the subtlest of hints from time to time, and going as far as taking action to make your dreams come true.
- He is an Open Communicator: Communication is a necessary part of every healthy relationship. If, when you are faced with a challenge, he is open to talking through your problems, then you know he’s willing to make the effort to make it work long term.
- He Brings Out the Best in You: He goes out of his way to both encourage you and to challenge you when the time is right. In the end, he brings out a happier, motivated, loving and intelligent side of you, leaving you to feel like you are your best self when he is around.
- He is Proud of You: He isn’t intimidated by your success in any way. Instead, he is proud of your accomplishments, sharing your successes with his friends and family. His love for you shines through as he shares your good news.